Sunday, November 28, 2010

Of Ruffles and Tutu's


Today is my dearest mom's birthday, she's my best friend and also the most inspiring woman I  know...
Happy Birthday ma!

Birthday's (no matter who's it is) means dressing up for me :)
This is what i planned on wearing for lunch with family, but had to change at the last minute because it was a tad too dressy for the restaurant we were going to :(
I'm head over heels in love with this ruffled Club Monaco Lily scarf, the fabric is chiffon and the layered ruffles give it amazing feel and texture. I'm determined to wear it with multiple outfits this season.


Wearing:
Black V-neck t-shirt: thrift, off-white tutu and studded belt: Hong-Kong,
black tights: GK-I M bock market
Lily scarf courtesy Theme, heels: Bangkok, bracelet: Vintage


I felt like going all-out girl-y while keeping a slight edge to my look, hence the dollops of black!
Pretty tutu's and ruffled scarfs and heels make me happy :)



Shoes!



Below is a nice article I came across in today's HT City (page 9), so thought I'd share it with you guys. It talks about how some Hollywood movies and some stars (or should I say icons) changed the way we dress. Weather its Audrey Hepburn's LBD in Breakfast at Tiffany' s or Tom Cruise sporting the Ray Ban aviators in Top Gun...there will always be those people don't follow trends, but set them.



Thanks for stopping by

Love
Rukman

xxx


9 comments:

  1. I looove the scarf! Don't be surprised when you can't find it! :D
    Oh and what should I say about the tutu! Its fabulous :) Happy B'day to the mother of a beautiful daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww, you are my angel!

    Thank you soo much!
    and, you can strictly 'borrow' the scarf anytime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The attire was very beautiful and am sure you are a daughter to a beautiful mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the attire Rukman ! Iam glad you're pursuing what you always loved ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haina Sanjana? :D
    and my mom is quite the beauty :)

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B'day to your mom :) I like your skirt. Though Im wondering which outfit you changed into. Do post some outfit pics of that :)


    xoxo
    http://the-it-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy bday to ur mom babes:).... i second kritika's comment.. so need not say more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks girl :)

    and, I'll try and post thoses pics UB :)

    ReplyDelete