Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Black Beret


The Beret is my favorite type of hat for winters!
In the West, it started of being worn as sportswear in the 1920's and later became a fashion statement.The modern beret is derived from the traditional hat of Basque shepherds and was first mass-produced in 19th century France, with which it still remains associated (the french really know how to be stylish huh?). In fact, berets are also worn as part of the uniform of many military and police units worldwide.


Wearing:
Black beret: Forever 21, Black Forever 21 stretch pants, Grey sleeveless sweater: Benetton (brother's again!), Black t-shirt: thrift, Belts: Bangkok street, Suede ankle boots: Charlotte Russe, jewellery: gift from friend and thrift, Bag: Delia's




Beret's instantly transport me to Paris, and, if worn right they can add a Parisienne Chic touch to most outfits :)


I over-edited this photo just to play with the bright and fun colours of the belts!



That's my current bag for college, its big and roomy and magically fits in books, food, stationary and a hundred other things!
I love small satchels and sling bags, but I tend to carry EVERYTHING with me wherever I go, so I can rarely carry the small pretty bags that I love so much!

Are you a big, medium or small bag girl???
Thanks for stopping by

Love
Rukman
xxx


8 comments:

  1. Oh I am definitely a big bag girl. I like to dump everything in one huge bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oversized bags :)

    Hey, I just gave you an award, check it out.

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in love with your boots... they are gorgeous...

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really Love the way you use Belts. Makes a simple outfit, standout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i lyk ur boots....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post will assist the internet viewers for setting up new weblog or even a
    weblog from start to end.

    Feel free to visit my site fake ray bans

    ReplyDelete